Allen & Graham puts a tremendous emphasis on safety. Our full-time safety supervisors are present to enforce OSHA standards as well as site-specific requirements. Over a 4-year span, we had no lost time incidents.
We take great pride in this accomplishment. Our safety personnel collaborate with customer safety representatives to ensure total team safety. On a regular basis, we:
- provide formal safety training for all personnel;
- perform employee drug testing;
- perform construction site inspections;
- conduct weekly and quarterly safety meetings;
- perform job hazard analyses (JHA).
Incidents, including near misses, are reviewed by our Safety Management Team to determine the root cause. Corrective measures are taken to prevent a similar incident in the future. Site Safety Inspections are performed and documented to give us leading indicators for accident prevention.
All employees have 10 hours of OSHA training and our Superintendents have 30 hours of OSHA training. Additional training may include, but is not limited to:
- Trench and excavation competent person training
- Twic Cards for Port Access (Georgia Ports Authority)
- Courses in rigging and crane signaling
- Level 1A erosion control certification
- CPR, first aid and blood-borne pathogen training
- Specialized training for our clients to work in paper mills, chemical plants, government facilities, food processing plants and hospitals
- Steel erection, suspended platforms, scaffolding, man lifts, aerial lifts and cranes
- Certified welders and equipment operators
Allen & Graham is a drug-free workplace and supervisors have drug awareness training.
Allen & Graham is registered with and members in good standing of Browz, Tappisafe, ISNetworld, and Avetta.
Allen & Graham, Inc. promotes a Team Safety Culture, with SAFETY as our #1 priority!
Allen & Graham has earned an Experience Modification Rating of 0.71 safety ranking and is in the top 5% of all contractors doing similar work.
Parker is a Mechanical Engineering graduate of Tennessee Tech and has construction, Paper Mill and consulting engineering experience with over 35 years in related fields. He has served as Safety Director for 8 years. He has OSHA 10, 30, & 510 in construction safety training.
General Superintendent & Field Safety Director
- 30-hours OSHA Construction Safety and Health training
- OSHA Competent Person – Excavation
David, who heads up all field personnel, has over 40 years of experience. He has an OSHA 10, 30, and 510 in Construction Safety and Training, and Competent Person Trenching and Excavation. Associated General Contractor training in qualified Rigging, Competent Person Training, CPR, First Aid & Bloodborne Pathogens, NPDES Certified in Permit Requirements, Site Inspections & Water Control for construction sites.
Field Safety Superintendent
- OSHA Courses 30-Hour, 500, 510, 5600
- OSHA Competent Person – Trenching and excavation
- OSHA Construction Safety Competent Person
- First Aid/CPR-Blood-Bourne Pathogens
Jeffrey has worked for 10 years in the field, supervising safety on large scale construction projects. He coordinates with clients to ensure safety expectations are upheld in the field. He also gives daily safety talks to the employees about precautions concerning their specific work.
Field Safety Superintendent
- OSHA Courses # 500, 502, 510, 3110, 7845
- GSWCC Level 1-A, G.U.F.P.A, First Aid/CPR/AED
- Subpart CC Crane Comp. Person
- Certified Rigger and Signalperson
Travis is a dedicated safety professional who has worked solely in safety management for more than 10 years as a site safety manager and safety consultant. Travis coordinates with clients/general contractor personnel and manages the day-to-day safety aspects of the job site, thus assuring the continuity of the project. As a site safety supervisor, Travis’ scope of work includes job site orientations, on-site training & documentation, focused and general site audits, OSHA record keeping, excavations, confined spaces, scaffolding and crane operations, just to name a few.